#421: Sidecar Blues (Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride Review)
Universal Orlando's Wizarding World of Harry Potter has just opened its latest coaster, Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, and we review it!
We're joined by The Insider's Kirsten Acuna, who rode the Motorbike Adventure with Andrew.
Check out Kirsten's review of the ride (https://www.insider.com/hagrids-magical-creatures-motorbike-adventure-review-2019-6) and her report on the queue's easter eggs (https://www.insider.com/hagrids-magical-creatures-motorbike-adventure-easter-eggs-2019-6) ! And here's Andrew's review (https://www.hypable.com/hagrids-magical-creatures-motorbike-adventure-review/) on Hypable.
The ride's queue is intriguing: It's the ruins of Hogwarts, with inscriptions and art from students over the decades. It's here where Hagrid also birthed a Blast-Ended Skrewt.
Soooo about this Blast-Ended Skrewt: What large hole is spraying us while we're on the Motorbike Adventure???
Andrew and Kirsten review the ride, which is a thrilling technological marvel. And riding it at night is a whole different experience!
The fandom has a new debate on their hands: Is the Motorbike or Sidecar the better vehicle to ride in?
We take questions from Patreon supporters: How does this ride compare to the others? How intense is it?
In this week's Bonus MuggleCast (https://www.patreon.com/posts/bonus-mugglecast-27696613) , available exclusively on Patreon, we analyze the connection between Fawkes and Dumbledore, and what makes it so special.
This week's episode is sponsored by HelloFresh (For $80 off your first month, go to HelloFresh.com/MuggleCast80 and use promo code MuggleCast80) and the Harry Potter Figurine Collection (Visit HeroCollector.com/Wizards to get two figurines for $9.95, and free shipping).
#420: Really Loose Pockets (HBP 28, Flight of the Prince)
Unplug your Alexa's: Our Slug Club guest this week had her name stolen from Amazon!
Vans' new line of Harry Potter shoes is causing some ripples amongst fans -- how'd Hufflepuff gets the short end of the stick?
Andrew is in Orlando for the opening of Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. Follow us on Instagram to get looks at the new ride!
MuggleMail: What would've happened if the Death Eaters weren't waiting for Dumbledore back at Hogwarts? And the best DVD/Blu-ray collection question gets answered.
Chapter by Chapter: Half-Blood Prince Chapter 28, Flight of the Prince.
Have we ever felt like Harry did in the opening of this scene, as if we're hurling through space because of a life-changing event?
Hogwarts Is A Security Nightmare Example #9134891: Kids running around while hearing ruckus. Where's the lock-down?
Warning: Never light Laura's house is on fire while her dog is inside. She will be enraged.
Harry has to remind Hagrid to put out his burning home. He ALSO has to remind him how to conjure one of earth's core elements: WTF?
Even while working for the Greater Good, Snape still takes the opportunity to besmirch James. Why so mean?
The Half-Blood Prince is revealed, and Snape can't stand being called a coward. What's going through his mind in this moment?
The movie version of this chapter is different to say the least. We compare and contrast.
Dumbledore's pockets are now available for everyone to peruse, and the locket presents itself. Uh oh.
Quizzitch: From whom does Lupin learn that Dumbledore has died?
Thank you to this week's sponsors: The Harry Potter Figurine Collection (HeroCollector.com/Wizards), Scentbird (Scentbird.com/MUGGLECAST for 50% off), and ThirdLove (Thirdlove.com/MuggleCast for 15% off). Support the show by supporting supporting our advertisers!
#419: Snape Loves Dumbledore (HBP 27, The Lightning Struck Tower)
We're joined by Slug Club member Alicia, who wants to know: How does Ollivander's stay in business?
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is coming to Canada -- it's the sixth production!
MuggleMail: Horcruxes probably can't be made via assisted suicide; what's the best DVD/Blu-ray set available?; thank goodness the Trio didn't have to go into The Cave; in defense of Harry Potter.
We've passed 1,000 Patrons, an amazing milestone! Thank you to everyone for their support.
Chapter by Chapter: Half-Blood Prince Chapter 27, The Lightning Struck Tower.
Harry has to face one of the worst situations for a child to be in.
Dumbledore once again experiences The Surge: He's damn good on a broom.
Dumbledore speaks to Draco in a way that's reminiscent of how he'd speak to Tom.
Harry needs a cloak that deflects spells -- he's been frozen under the cloak twice in one book.
Why is Draco incapable of killing Dumbledore?
Would this have been a different situation if Draco were a few years older?
Severus... Please: This line was an amazing bit of work from Rowling.
Snape's Avada Kedavra isn't written like the Killing Curse typically is. Is it because Snape was also trying to A) Prove he meant it, and B) move the body away from further harm?
To say goodbye to Dumbledore, we read Patrons' favorite Dumbledore lines in Dumbledore (and Micah) voices.
In light of analyzing this scene, we revisit Andrew's Astronomy Tower of Terror ride idea. This time it has exciting new twists!
Quizzitch: Who did Draco mistake for being dead?
This week's episode is brought to you by The Wizarding World Figurine Collection from Eaglemoss Hero Collector (get two figurines for the price of one, plus free shipping, at HeroCollector.com/Wizards) and OpenFit (text MuggleCast to 303030 for a FREE month trial)!
#418: Wizarding World Gold
* We're live from Andrew's living room in Chicago!
* The new WizardingWorld.com website (sort of) goes live and we get our official passports!
* Question is… what do we do with them?
* Wizarding World Gold: what is it and how much is it going to cost fans?
* Following Crimes of Grindelwald and a Fantastic Beasts 3 delay, is this news breaking at the wrong time?
* What benefits would we like to see from a premium Wizarding World service?
* Muggle Mail covers where people listen, politics, The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore, security at Hogwarts and "good" Horcruxes
* Why did Voldemort put so little protection around his other Horcruxes?
* Did Dumbledore experience a "surge" before his inevitable fate on the Lightening-Struck Tower?
* Why didn't we talk more about the fact that Draco was crying when Harry found him in the bathroom?
* Did Snape create Sectumsempra for James Potter and Sirius Black?
* Quizzitch: Where do Harry and Dumbledore apparate to upon their return from The Cave?
* We're off next week!
* Bonus MuggleCast (available on Patreon): What if… Dumbledore had told Harry the truth about Snape in that moment of hesitation?
* This week's episode is brought to you by Scentbird (visit Scentbird.com/MuggleCast and use code MUGGLECAST for perfume or cologne for $7.50!) and ThirdLove (visit ThirdLove.com/MuggleCast for 15% off your first purchase!)
#417: Next Level Magic (HBP 26, The Cave)
* Welcome Slug Club member Natalie!
* News: we get our first look at animatronic Hagrid and discuss the changes coming to Pottermore!
* Chapter-by-Chapter continues with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Chapter 26, The Cave
* 7-Word Summary: Together they enter the mysterious boat ride
* The perfect breaststroke: what do we make of Dumbledore's new-found agility? Is it pure adrenaline? His eagerness to find the Horcrux?
* Next level magic: it leaves traces and can be felt! Might J.K. Rowling explain this further in the Fantastic Beasts series?
* Why does this Horcrux have the highest level of protection? Is it because it once belonged to Voldemort's mother?
* Has Voldemort visited the cave since he placed the Horcrux here?
* Why is Harry's blood more valuable upon entering the cave but not for exiting?
* The simple approach: even in the most dangerous of situations, Dumbledore is still teaching Harry
* Is it possible that because part of Voldemort resides within Harry, that the magic within the cave is mistaking him for Voldemort?
* Magical weight vs. human weight and how Voldemort's tends to overlook those he considers to be "less than himself"
* Does Dumbledore's reaction to the bodies in the lake reflect the fact that he's resigned himself to his fate?
* What do we think Dumbledore is seeing when he drinks the potion? We recall we didn't have the context of Ariana when we first theorized about this in 2005!
* Dumbledore's Ring of Fire: what spell does he cast to ward off the Inferi?
* Despite her absence Laura does an amazing job Connecting The Threads (and planning the discussion)!
* The hosts reveal their Horcrux Hidey Hole, MVPs of the Week and Rename The Chapter!
* Quizzitch: Which Death Eater calls Dumbledore "Dumby"?
* We've finally got @mugglecast on Instagram! Thanks for the help, Amy and Amanda!
* This week's episode is sponsored by AWAY. Get $20 off a suitcase by going to AwayTravel.com/mugglecast20 and using promo code MUGGLECAST20.